Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria (Managing Authority)
in cooperation with
Government of the Republic of Serbia European Integration Office – SEIO (National Authority)
Announce on the 17.08.2015 the First Call for project proposals under the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria-Serbia Programme, with aim to improve the cross-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Serbia. The Programme is co-financed from the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance II (IPA II) of the European Union.
The overall objective of the Programme is to stimulate the balanced and sustainable development of the Bulgaria-Serbia border region integrated in the European space – achieved through smart economic growth, environmental change adaptation and learning culture enhancement.
The total amount allocated to the First Call for proposals is € 12,687,304.24.
Project proposals would have to target one of the following Priority Axes and specific objectives under the Programme:
- Priority Axis 1: Sustainable Tourism
- Specific objective 1.1: Tourist Attractiveness;
- Specific objective 1.2: Cross-Border Touristic Product;
- Specific objective 1.3: People-To-People Networking.
- Priority Axis 2: Youths
- Specific objective 2.1: Skills & Entrepreneurship;
- Specific objective 2.2: People-To-People Networking.
- Priority Axis 3: Environment
- Specific objective 3.1: Joint Risk Management;
- Specific objective 3.2: Nature Protection.
The key objective of the Programme is to raise the capacity of the local and regional authorities in the development and implementation of joint projects in the eligible cross-border region, defined in the Programme as follows:
- For Bulgaria (administrative level NUTS III) – districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia, Pernik and Kyustendil;
- For Serbia (administrative level, NUTS III equivalent) – districts of Bor, Zajecar, Toplica, Nisava, Pirot, Jablanica and Pcinja.